If we teach our children to eat well when they are young, it will be much easier to love these diets and may not have to suffer from conditions, in part, due to inflammation, such as acne, skin conditions, diabetes, arthritis, etc.
Here is my top list of great foods to eat. Below are more that I love personally to eat and encourage my kids to eat as well.
My mom in law brings us many when she visits & send them for gifts; http://www.bluedelft.com/chocolateletters.html
Let me know if you know of such a site in the USA 🙂
34. Cinnamon: known to stabilize blood sugar and prevent sugar surges. I love toasting low carb bread and putting heaping teaspoons full of cinnamon on top with a touch of stevia. Very filling and delicious!
35. Peas & cheese: my kids love this too! Fry some cheddar cheese on a flat grill, add cups of peas to cover cheese; allow cheese to get crunchy, flipping as needed; Serve it up.
36. Sunflower seeds: no-salt. We buy this in bulk (many good sites, but I love Bulkfoods.com http://www.bulkfoods.com/ & Oh, nuts http://www.ohnuts.com/)
37. Nuts: walnuts are great in Omega 3s.
38. Carrots: eat them by the pound every week in our home.
39. Apples: gala, fuji are favorites
40. Brussel Sprouts: cut off hard part, pull apart big leaves off these little delectable treats; wash; shake dry a bit; cover with some olive oil (nothing else, no salt, etc); bake at 400 or carefully broil so become crunchy, like chips. Our kids fight over these treats.
41. Balsamic vinegar on green leafy salads with a little bit of extra virgin olive oil, with some walnuts, cranberries, small bits of red onion
When I really cannot take it anymore & need to eat some “carbs” or treats, I go to the following on occasion. All in moderation is a good rule of thumb. If there are links on how toxic the below, please let me know…actually I know they are not the best, but the alternative is worse.
1. Atkins bars: chocolate, rice crispy bars are great 2net carbs.
2. Peanut butter with sugar free chocolate pieces (from bulkfoods.com)
3. Vitamin D sugar free for kids: I love these (total about 8 little ones a day is safe);
4. Sugar free gum
5. Very, very rarely, diet soda: I am convinced this is very bad for you: likely is a central cause of the increased rates of osteoporosis (compared with Japanese women’s rates, who eat less dairy than Americans). But… on occasion…
1. Things I almost never eat anymore:
-bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, potato chips, cakes, cookies, ice cream.
Once you stop eating these tasty toxins, your body gets shocked if you ever do eat them 🙂